In order to to make effective use of SaaS Intelligence (SI), you need to set up Discovery Sources and integrations that can provide SaaS expenses and utilization metrics.
There are two main ways to bring SaaS data into SI, via Discovery Sources or Integrations.
Connecting to a connector will allow you to discover all of the SaaS applications in your portfolio and identify expenses that relate to these services. The main types of Discovery Sources are financial systems. However, there are other types as well.
It is very important to connect as many of Discovery Sources as possible as they ensure that a successful discovery process takes place and that all of the Shadow IT is detected.
Integrations, on the other hand, allow you to track utilization metrics per service. SaaS Intelligence (SI) allows you to integrate over 4000 different systems. Utilization metrics in SI include but are not limited to:
- Number of licenses procured vs actively used
- Number of active users and who they are
- Number and types of software modules procured vs actively used
- Access the "Discovery Sources" page by clicking on the Settings gear icon in the top right corner.
- Click the "Discovery Sources" menu item on the left-hand side.
- From here, you will be able to browse and set up various Discovery Sources as needed.
- Click the "Connect to" button in the connector section and choose a connector. A popup will appear with further instructions and documentation on how to set up the connector.
- Single Sign-On & CASB Systems
- Financial Systems
- Expense Management
- Credit Cards
- Contract Management Systems
- HRIS Systems
If Discovery Sources are not set up or not set up correctly, expense information for your SaaS services will not be available.
To integrate a service that is not already integrated:
- Navigate to the "Spend" tab.
- Use the search bar or the list of services to search for the service that you want to integrate.
- Once you find a service that needs to be integrated, click on it. Then, in the left-hand menu, click "Integrate".
- A pop-up with additional information and a link to instructions on how to integrate will now appear. Provide the necessary information and follow the link for further instructions. For this example, we clicked on the Mixmax solution. Information in your popup will likely be different.
- Were you successful? If not, please use the "Help" button to send us a message, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Many integrations are very specific and require different steps to set up. As such, each integration will have its own set of instructions for setup. However, all information that you need to set up an integration will be located within a popup after clicking "Integrate" on any of the unintegrated services.
Updated about a month ago